meet our principal
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year! We look forward to an exciting and successful year! I am thrilled to be a part of the Jacobson community. My exposure to TK-12th grade schools here in the Tracy Unified School District and the integration of my own children’s educational journey has provided me insight on how to increase student achievement and best serve our young people.
December 19, 2019
9:00 -- TK, AM K, 4th, & 5th
1:30 -- PM K, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd
December Spirit Day
Wear your ugliest sweater
School will be closed from 12/23/19 - 1/3/2020
School will resume on 1/6/2020
Enjoy the break!
We will be collecting canned/boxed non-perishable food items from Dec 2 - 18 to donate to families in need in our community. A collection bin will be located in the office.
We appreciate your kindness and generosity!
Yearbooks are only being sold online
Order at www.ybpay.lifetouch.com
Use Code 11686120
December 12, 2019
6:30 - 8:00 pm
in the Multi Purpose Room
Online shopping available
Book Fair Hours
12/9: 8:00 - 2:00
12/10 - 12/13: 8:00 - 3:30
Intra-District Transfer Requests are being accepted from
October 15, 2019 until January 15, 2020
No Late Transfers Accepted
We ask that every family complete an application. Even if you do not qualify, it will help our school! Follow this link to complete an application for free and reduced lunch!
Please review our calendar!
Do you know a child with special needs?
- We want to be sure that every child who has a disability receive the help he or she needs.
- We want to ensure that supports are in place for students with special needs.
- Anyone in the community who is concerned about the learning abilities of a child may participate in the Child Find Process.
- The District actively seeks out and accepts referrals to assess children who may have a disability.
- Assessment is provided at no cost to the parent.
- Concerns regarding a child’s need for special education can be presented by a parent or by any person concerned about a child.
- Parent involvement and agreement is obtained prior to any further action.
- Information is confidential and the privacy of child and parents is protected.
If you know of a child who has one or more of the following disabilities (or you suspect a child has a disability), please let us know. We’re here to help!
My name is Derek Sprecksel. It is an honor to be the assistant principal at Jacobson Elementary School. This will be my second year at Jacobson. It was very rewarding working with the students, staff, and parents at Jacobson last year. Prior to becoming an administrator, I was a teacher at West High School for sixteen years. I also coached boys’ basketball at West for fourteen years, in addition to serving as athletic director for five years. My wife Jennifer teaches English at Stein High School. We have three children (two sons and one daughter). I look forward to another great school year in 2019-2020!
Arrival/Dismissal Car Line--PLEASE DO NOT TURN LEFT into driveway going WEST on KAVANAGH! At dismissal, all students will proceed through the front gates to the car line up. All bus students will report to the side of the school (Camilia Drive) where the bus pick-up is. Students are not allowed to be picked up on the side of the school.
•We are asking parents of 3:00 p.m. students to please wait until 2:50 p.m. to enter the car pick-up line.
•This gives the parents of 2:30 dismissal time to pick up their students.
•We are asking kindergarten PM parents to please wait until 3:10 p.m. before getting in the car pick-up line, so that our 3:00 pm students can be picked up.
• If cars are in line before their time and during dismissal, it causes a major back up.